Dependent Visa

Under immigration regulations, spouses and common-law partners of temporary foreign workers and foreign students, who wish to work in any country, will need an Open Work Permit. Open Work Permits are also available through the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program for international students.

Under immigration regulations, Open Work Permits may be applied for by:

The spouses or common-law partners of foreign temporary workers;
The spouses or common-law partners of foreign students;
International students who have graduated from a any post-secondary institution

The purpose of their trip is to enter any country for tourist, pleasure, or visit purpose. That they plan to remain for a specific, limited period. Evidence of funds to cover expenses in the particular country. Evidence of compelling social and economic ties abroad.

Applying for a Dependent Visa

Applicants for visitor visas should generally apply the Embassy or Consulate with jurisdiction over their place of permanent residence. Although visa applicants may apply at any consular office abroad, it may be more difficult to qualify for the visa outside the country of permanent residence. Visa applications are now subject to a greater degree of review than in the past so it is important to apply for your visa well in advance of your travel departure date.

Management Corner

“Continual education of ones self is the only way of ensuring security for your future, whether you own your independent business or are working for someone else…”

Additional Services - Abroad

Enquiry Form